Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chocolate Eclairs

Now that Baby G is HFMD-free, life is back to normal. Since we did not plan any activities for the weekend, I decided to try out another new receipe... Chocolate Eclairs.

The Chocolate Eclairs had 3 main portions; the dough, the cream filling and the chocolate topping. My initial worry was the dough would not turn out well, but surprisingly, the dough was the best among all. In fact, it was the cream filling that 'failed' as it was too sweet for my liking. I think the cream that I bought was not really suitable because after whisking, the sugar still has not melted and the cream became too hard.
(L->R : Melting the butter, Making the dough)
(L->R : Piped out dough filling, After baking)
The final product.
As usual, I appointed Daddy as my taste tester. Here are his comments :-
Dough -> A bit too hard but tastes just like eclairs
Cream Filling -> Also too hard, not smooth & creamy enough
Chocolate Topping -> Okay only
Overall -> Presentation definitely needs more improvement
Post Mortem :-
(1) Use lesser sugar
(2) Buy the right type of cream (perhaps not so thick)
(3) Do not bake too long (keep to 25-30mins)
(4) Work on presentation
Daddy, thanks for the comments.... I will improve on my next try.
San
hugs & kisses

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dough look fine but with the cream and choco....its seem a bit funny :) Eclairs does not show cream on the external leh.....

Glad that Gaby is HFM FREE.

I was still thinking what is HFM for a while.

Cheers
TY

Anonymous said...

HaHa... I couldn't squeeze the cream into the dough, that's why it's all over.
Baby G's Mummy.