Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ouch... Ouch.....

Within 10 days, Baby G sufferred 2 bitings from 2 different kids. The first one is from Student Z... Again! As for the 2nd bite, it's from another child, Student XY.

Appararently, it all started cause Baby G provoked them. For Student Z's case, Baby G wanted to sit on the same toy car as he did and pushed him off. Student Z retaliated and bit him on the back (near the shoulder blades). The bite was pretty bad.
For the 2nd incident, Baby G pushed Student XY off his chair and again, the boy bit him. Although the bite was not as serious as the earlier one... but still... it pains me to see him hurt... Sigh!

I know Baby G started all this, but I'm wondering where were the teachers when all this happened? The teachers could tell me in detail how the incidents happened, so how come they were not able to anticipate the children's reactions since it is not the 1st time with Student Z.

Because of these 2 recent incidents, Baby G has also started to bite me whenever he doesn't get his way or whenever I scold him when he's done something wrong. I told the teachers that when Baby G sees other kids biting him, he may also think that it's ok to bite when being provoked. It doesn't bode well for his emotional growth.
I am wondering if I should take Baby G out of the school? But to re-adapt to a new one can be quite stressful to him since he's relatively happy at this school. The only thing is the biting incidents and what it does to him both physically and emotionally. Arghhhh! What to do??

<-- Poor Baby G -->
San
At a loss

2 comments:

viv said...

oh dear it looks kind of bad...

of cos its not good to bite & now Gabriel is thinking that biting can get his ways but you need to constantly remind him that its not acceptable & he shld tell you what he needs. that will need some reminding but be firm

dont change so fast observe & see how... sometimes teachers also cant redepict how the child wld respond & by the time they react, too late liao!!

Anonymous said...

Hi viv, if it's not that often, I can take it in my stride... but i only worry the frequency of it happening.

It's like almost every couple of months that it happens.... it's very sad to see him hurt...

I do try my best to tell him that it's NOT ok to bite... sigh...

Gabriel's Mummy