Monday, August 4, 2008

Speak Mandarin Campaign

Tonight Daddy came home super early so that we could go out for some grocery shopping. We went down to Buangkok NTUC (24hrs). After we got our stuff, Daddy suggested taking a short walk to see what other shops there are along that stretch. There was a hair studio that does kids hair cut and I happened to ask Daddy in Mandarin "Yao dai Baby G lai jian tou fa mah?". To my amazement, Baby G actually pointed to his hair. I was so surprised that he understood. But I was a bit skeptical, so I tried to ask him another question "Shui jian ni de tou fa?" and he replied "Mummy!"... I was stunned. Does he really understand or it was all a coincidence?? I decided to do another test.

While in the car, on the way home, I asked him to point to me a few items when I say the words.

First phrase I said "Yan jing zai na li?"... he pointed to his eyes.
2nd phrase "zui ba", he pointed to his mouth.
3rd phrase "jiao", he pointed to his feet.
4th phrase "bi zi", and he pointed to his nose.

Wow! Confirmed he understands liao! Me so happy & proud. Daddy also kept smiling rather smugly... hahaha.....

I think need to start sourcing for some Chinese books so that I can read to him at night. Start with something simple first... anything more advanced, need to ask Daddy to step in liao.

Til then,
San
hugs & kisses

No comments: