Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Teachers Day

It's Teachers Day so I decided to give something to the teachers in recognition of their day. I decided to bake cookies... again. Last year I think I gave chocolate cookies, so this year, have to try something different.

Found this receipe (Cheese cookies) on the back of the Corn Flakes box and decided to give it a try. First attempt, failed.. cause the receipe included curry powder and Alex wasn't too keen on spicy-tasting cookies. So I did it a 2nd time but omitting the curry power and I think it fared much better. Made some slight adjustments and 3rd try was much better. It passed both the boys' taste test.



Overheard Baby G talking to his dad :-
Baby G : Daddy, mummy's cookies are nice. U wanna try?
Daddy : I tried them already.
Baby G : When? How come I din see?
Daddy : Earlier on
Baby : Oh, I see. Mmmmmm.. nice.

Of course, not just Mummy did all the work, Baby G also needs to put in some effort too. So in the end, I got him to write all the teachers' names onto the cards. A job well done, don't you think? He did the words all by himself, but of course, I pre-wrote the names on another piece of paper for him to copy.


I did not have time to buy nice bags from Daiso so in the end, had to make do with the normal plastic bags. It's not a beauty, but I think it's the effort that counts. Hope the teachers like it.
San
Baked til almost midnite

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I Try Some Too????

Anonymous said...

You can, if u tell me who you are. heehee

Anonymous said...

HaHa... Forgotten to mention.... I am ur sister.... wahahahahaha